Wednesday, November 18, 2009

“The heart and soul of any good program for young children is a commitment to help”

Reflecting on lessons, observations, self-analysis, and experience, I’ve come to understand that trust is one of the most important aspects of teaching. Trust in your own abilities as a teacher, a child’s trust in the teacher, the parent’s trust of the teacher and program, and the trust of administration in the commitments of the teachers and parent that will ultimately benefit the children.

Building trust happens over time, sometimes a short time and sometimes longer. Being honest and present, truly caring and having a desire to work with children will inspire trust and interest in the teacher and the program.

I strive to grow, inspire, reflect, and trust myself and those that I am with. I can do this by continuing my education, listening, gaining more experience and insight in being with children, and being open to the world around me and to the suggestions offered by parents and those with more experience.

By: Dianna Dammir

No comments:

Post a Comment